SHAW HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Renter must note the Shaw House is a residential building for older Islanders. Consequently extraordinary care must be taken to minimize any disturbance to the residents.
2. Events may occur between 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Failure to comply with the finishing time will result in a fine that will be deducted from the security deposit.
3. The Renter must provide the Venues Manager with the name and phone number of a designated onsite person to be contacted in the event of noise, alcohol violations or other issues.
4. Amplified music is NOT allowed outside. Live music can be played outside provided the volume is reasonable. Miked speeches and announcements are permitted in the garden, though speakers should be positioned away from the building. No music is to be played under the balconies. Indoor amplified and live music must be kept at a moderate volume.
5. The Renter are responsible for obtaining a Special Occasion Permit to allow alcohol to be served and for adhering to its rules. The person operating the bar must have Smart Serve accreditation and may not be a guest at the event. Organizers agree not to serve alcohol to minors. This contract is null and void if a copy of the applicant's permit is not produced to the Venues Manager before the start of the applicant's event.
6. Landmark fee of 15% will be charged to preferred caterers (food and staff) and to preferred vendors. Outside caterers are not permitted.
7. The Renter is to be in control of the event at all times and the applicant is responsible for the orderly conduct of participants.
8. Access to the venue is via the covered walkway to the east of the building.
9. Any crates of dishes, etc., are to be stacked on the west patio.
10. The premises are to be restored to their original state of cleanliness as per the cleaning checklist provided. Any expense incurred by the Shaw House to return the building to its original state of cleanliness will be deducted from the security deposit.
11. Large cookers (barbecues, smokers) are not allowed.
12. Smoking is allowed only at the south end of the garden. The patios and walkways are strictly no-smoking areas. No butts are to be discarded in the garden—the ashcans are to be used.
13. Use of open flame of any kind is not permitted. Only battery-operated candles are acceptable.
14. The Venues Manager will make appropriate arrangements with the Renter to unlock the premises and will return to lock the premises at the end of the event.
15. An inspection of the premises will be conducted following your event. If the rental space and grounds are found in a clean and undamaged condition and all rules and regulations followed, the security deposit will be refunded within 30 days.
16. If the Renter cancels the event in writing up to 60 days prior to the event, an administration fee of $100 will be deducted from the security deposit and the balance returned. Cancellation less than 30 days before the scheduled event will result in the entire security deposit being forfeited.
17. No one is allowed to stay overnight in the building or on the grounds. The building must be vacated by 10:30 p.m.
18. The Renter is responsible for all repairs and/or replacement costs for damages incurred as a result of the event. Any expense incurred by the Shaw House to return the building to its original state of repair will be deducted from the security deposit.
19. Trash, recycling and compost must be separated and bagged as set out in the clean-up instruction list and taken to the designated areas at the end of the rental.
20. Rental prices are subject to change.