AIA RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Sound systems are to remain indoors and kept at a quiet volume after 11:00 pm. The AIA clubhouse is a community facility located adjacent to residential neighbourhoods. If noise is too loud, your group will be required to lower the volume. Failure to comply will result in a fine which will be deducted from your damage deposit after the wedding.
2. The premises are to be restored to their original state of cleanliness, as per the cleaning checklist provided. Any expense incurred by the Association to return the building to its original state of cleanliness will be deducted from the deposit.
3. The applicant is responsible for any and all repairs and/or replacement costs for damages incurred as a result of the event. Any expense incurred by the Association to return the building to its original state of repair will be deducted from the deposit.
4. Garbage, recycling and compost must be separated and bagged as set out in the clean-up garbage instruction list and taken to the designated areas at the end of the rental.
5. Organizers are to be in control of the event at all times and the applicant is responsible for the orderly conduct of participants.
6. Organizers are responsible for obtaining a Special Occasions Permit to allow alcohol to be served and for adhering to its rules. We ask that whoever runs the bar has their Smartserve and is not a guest at the wedding. Organizers agree not to serve alcohol to minors.
This contract is null and void if a copy of your permit is not produced to the Event Coordinator before the start of your event.
7. If there are children at the event and the playground is used, organizers are responsible for returning it to a clean and tidy state. This is a special place for young children and is used during the week for a Montessori school. Smoking (cigarette butts), glass, dishes, dogs and litter are prohibited in this area, and if they are found after your event a fine will be deducted from your damage deposit. Law prohibits smoking near the playground.
8. No open flames are permitted outside of the clubhouse. Only battery operated candles may be used inside. Failure to adhere to these restrictions will result in the withholding of the full security deposit. There is zero tolerance for any open flame out of doors.
9. The Event Coordinator will arrange key pick up and drop off with you — no earlier than 6pm on Friday; no later than 12pm on Sunday.
10. An inspection of the premises will be conducted following your event. Should the clubhouse and grounds be found in a clean and undamaged condition and all rules and regulations followed, your deposit will be refunded within 30 days.
11. If the applicant cancels the event with three months or more notice, a cancellation fee of $400.00 for the event will be deducted from the deposit and the balance returned. A cancellation of less than three months will result in the entire deposit being forfeited.
12. It is not permitted to stay overnight in the building or on the grounds. Building must be vacated by 11 PM on Friday and 12:30 AM on Saturday.
13. Rental prices are subject to change.